I just gave myself the best at home facial. I’ve been working like crazy lately and although a big part of my job is to teach people to take care of their skin, the past couple weeks I’ve been so exhausted that I fell behind. Buying a ridiculously overpriced mirror that flips to a 10x magnification, I’ve kind of been dying to see my skin up close and personal! There are so many different types of facials you can do in the comfort of your home, but tonight I wanted to focus on 2 things- blackheads and detoxing. Here’s exactly what I used tonight:
1) First I removed makeup with a cleansing oil (MAC Cleanse Off).
2) I used my Clarisonic with Dior’s Purifying Cleansing Milk to retain my skin’s moisture while battling dirt and oil.
3) To exfoliate inside my pores I used a classic- Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4 on Shishedo cotton.
4) Another classic! Biore Strips (although they really didn’t do anything impressive)
5) I spent a good 25 minutes with my extractor and cotton soaked in the Clinique Toner from before leaving my face pretty red but blackhead-free! Because I was already feeling pampered, I used this opportunity to clean up my brows!
6) I applied Dior One Essential Serum to my face, neck and decollete. One Essential is an amazing product that boosts all your other skincare while detoxifying your skin from the environmental damage we encounter on a daily basis.
7) Since I did this facial at night, I chose one of my very favorite skincare products I own- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. It’s a great detox that has given a noticeable improvement in my skin within the first week of using it.
8) Some nights I wash my face and use only Advanced Night Repair as it is very moisturizing, but tonight I opted for maximum moisture and followed with Creme de La Mer ‘The Moisturizing Lotion’
9) Since I have been sick all week my nose was chapped and horrible looking. I have tried everything I could think of and nothing was making a big difference until a coworker recommended pure Shea Butter from L’Occitane. I rubbed it on my nose, lips and under my eyebrows where they were red from tweezing.
10) After everything I did, I decided to take care of my hair while I was at it and used an incredible product from Phyto called ‘The Elixer’. The elixer is a once-a-week treatment that purifies your scalp (imagine a clarisonic for your scalp pores) which is often neglected by us all. I’m sleeping with the treatment on and I’ll shampoo it out in the morning.
All in all it’s pretty late in bed right now but I feel marvelous and can’t wait to see my skin in the morning!
Time for Beauty Sleep- Goodnight!