I will come right out and say it- I used to loathe glitter. I called it the herpes of makeup. As a makeup artist it was always such a struggle to get it to lay where I wanted. The mediums I would have to mix it with were sticky or runny and I always wished there was something I could have in my kit that would be versatile for photoshoots. Something I could use for photoshoots, but put in the hair or use over body paint. With glitter becoming such a trend in the last year I decided to do something about it and I grabbed a few of my favorite skincare ingredients and got to work. A couple weeks later I felt the base was perfect and started adding tons of glitter and SPACEJAM was born!
The past few months have been so exciting because I’ve been able to see my product grow wings and take off. It’s caught the eyes of some of the best talent in LA and even wound up being featured by celebrity hair stylists at Coachella. I’ve had the luck of speaking to a few of them about what and how they used the products and am happy to share some alternative ways of making your own at home if lemonhead.la SPACEJAM isn’t your…jam…
Here’s two ways to get seriously trendy glitter roots at home:
- Bobby Pins
- BLAX Hair Elastic
- Craft Glitter in Very Fine Gold or color of your choice
- R+Co Outer Space Hairspray
- Ouai Texture Hairspray
- Kardashian Beauty Metal Bristle Paddle Hairbrush
Steps via maneaddicts.com:
- Spray hair all over using Ouai Texture Hairspray.
- Create a center part all the way down the back of the head
- Brush one section to the top of the head with a Kardashian Beauty Metal Bristle Paddle Hairbrush, and secure with a Blax hair elastic. Repeat on the other section.
- Spray each pony with OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray and French lace the hair for fullness.
- Twist hair down into a bun and secure with French hair pins. Use your fingers to piece the buns out for fullness; leave the ends out for added detail
- Spray R+Co Outer Space Hairspray down at roots and sprinkle glitter as desired.
SPACEJAM is a super concentrated glitter pomade that currently comes in 5 different color blends. You can apply it directly with your finger, or for more concentration use a hair color applicator brush or a synthetic makeup brush like Riawna Capri did at Coachella.
- Bobby Pins
- Small Clear hair bands
- SPACEJAM via @lemonhead.la
- Hair color applicator brush or synthetic paint brush
Once you have your product, get creative! You can follow my video above or do whatever you want with it. SPACEJAM brushes and washes right out so you can be as glittery as you want not to mention it’s especially great for one night stands. #sparklepillows
Check below for inspiration and make sure to follow @lemonhead.la!
View this post on Instagram
Who needs jewels when you can wear these? For ordering and retail requests : Getlemonhead.com 🍋🌝 #squad @lemonhead.la #SPACEJAM #glitterpomade #indiebrand #madeinla #hair #makeup #bling #glitterhair #glitterroots #indielabel #squadgoals #glitter #midnightsociety #paradisebeef #crystaltokyo #seapunk #birthdaybitch ✨✨